Contract with Landscape Experts
- When you contract with an ALCA member you are contracting with a landscape expert. ALCA provides specialized training for its members so they utilize proper installation methods and best maintenance practices for their customers. A beautifully landscape project is a visible investment that leads to a substantial return.
Before You Hire
- Before hiring a landscape contractor, check for membership in ALCA, the only professional organization for landscape contractors in Arizona. Membership demonstrates a willingness to stay up to date on the latest techniques, newest trends and designs, and ever changing industry rules and regulations.
- Check to see if your contractor holds an AZ Certified Landscape Professional (ACLP) designation. ACLP contractors are experienced professionals who have passed extensive examinations covering all aspects of landscaping.
- Ask for proof of insurance. A reputable landscape contractor will carry liability and worker's compensation insurance coverage. Many Homeowners have paid large amounts of money for damages caused by uninsured individuals claiming to be landscape experts. The property owner could be held responsible for damages and injuries that occur as a result.
- Check for necessary licenses. The Registrar of Contractors may require a license before any work can be performed.
Protect Your Investment
- Ask for references. Your landscaping is a long-lasting investment; do not hesitate to request a list of similar jobs the contractor has recently completed. Look at the work and if possible, talk to the owners.
- Be wary of individuals who go door to door and offer bargains for performing work. Improper landscape care will cost you extra time and money to correct or replace. Are you willing to take that risk with your investment?
- To check if your landscape contractor is a member of ALCA, contact the office at 602-626-7091 or email at ALCA@ALCA.org.