Adding outdoor lighting is a great way to make a well-designed landscape stand out even more. Not over doing landscape lighting is important because having too much lighting can be quite distracting. Highlighting only the right areas is all you need to really make your yard shine. When you add landscape lighting to any property, there will be added maintenance that is needed each year in order to keep it looking and working as nice as it did the day it was installed.
In no particular order, below is a list of the top 5 landscape lighting issues that Arizona homeowners we provide landscape maintenance for face each year.
1) Broken Landscape Lighting Bulb – Just like with your light bulbs in your home, the bulbs for your landscape lighting will last a certain number of hours. The longer the bulb is certified to last, the more expensive it typically will be.
2) Missing or Broken Light Fixture Cap – There are a variety of light fixtures available for landscape lighting. As time goes on, there is a high probability that a few of your fixtures may break, so having a couple of extras in storage is a great idea when you can’t find that hard to find part 5 years later..
3) Lighting Transformer Meltdown – As landscape lighting transformers get older, they sometimes tend to be prone to melting in the Arizona heat. It is always a good idea to hire someone with the experience to handle these types of repairs.
4) Broken Well Lighting Fixture – Well lighting fixtures are great to put behind or in front of a tree because they are easy to angle. However, sometimes, rocks, and other things get stuck in them pretty much making them useless. It is best to take them out of the ground and take it a part to clear everything out.
5) Deteriorated or Melted Landscaping Wire – Landscape lighting wire exposed to the Arizona elements can sometimes melt or simply deteriorate. Replace the wire with new wire and your lighting system should be back to working condition.
If you run into any problems with your home’s landscape lighting or you are interested in getting an estimate on adding landscape lighting to your yard, don’t hesitate to give Goodman’s a call. We are here to help. We provide landscape services in Peoria, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Glendale, Paradise Valley, and surrounding areas.